Happy New Year 2022 and welcome to the 3rd year of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Throughout 2021, the Covid-19 crisis has yet to end, but it doesn’t mean that the global economies and stock markets would stagnate because every country can better adapt to the new rounds of epidemic coming with mutated viruses and speed up vaccination.
We could say that 2021 was the year of economic recovery. Most of all stock markets have turned favorably and grown at a higher rate after the economic downturn in 2020. The stock market indices expanded positively and some markets even made all-time highs many times in 2021.
It reflected that every country has experienced and learned from the first round of the pandemic. People have known how to deal with problems when there is a new spread. Everyone can live with and take care of themselves very well.
In the investment circle, investors around the world have a better attitude towards the stock markets even with fluctuations, impacts from news and movements throughout the year. They have experience and can deal with situations better.
In summary, the overview of the year 2021 improved with sloppiness and fostered all economic and investment mechanisms to move forward.
Jitta stock analysis platform continues to develop better algorithms and AI in order to analyze company financial statements and find ‘a good stock selling at a fair price’. In 2021, Jitta added 6 stock markets from South Korea, France, Russia, Sweden, Malaysia and Indonesia. As a result, there were a total of 19 countries around the world within our service by the end of 2021.
At the end of last year, we updated the algorithm to the 4.0 version to make Jitta AI more accurate in identifying ‘a good stock at a fair price’ and rank them in Jitta Ranking in a bid to generate higher returns than previous versions by putting more weight on the analysis of financial statements from the last 4 quarters or the past 12 months (Trailing Twelve Months – TTM).
This new algorithm has been in effect since the start of the year 2022 as you can see from the backtest result that the latest algorithm is able to generate higher average returns in Jitta Ranking Top 30 by another 1-2% across all stock markets. You can read a more detailed explanation of the new Jitta algorithm here.
Jitta team archives all stock listings and historical returns from the previous algorithm. You can take a look at the details in order to study further and compare returns here.
2021 Returns of global stock market indices
The light at the end of the tunnel of the Covid-19 crisis is medicines and vaccines which, in 2021, you surely heard of many rounds of progress in research and development in the global healthcare sector. At the same time, the viruses are constantly being mutated totaling 5 strains, and there are many new rounds of an epidemic occurring repeatedly in several regions.
Based on past lessons and experiences, events in the year 2021 were easier for many people than what happened in 2020, just like the stock markets around the world. The stock markets around the world have been stepping into recovery. The overview of stock markets in 2021 ended more favorably than expected.
Jitta team will add 4 more stock markets on the platform – Italy, the Netherlands, Brazil and the United Arab Emirates in 2022, making a total of 23 countries that Jitta covers. So the team has added these new countries to the latest algorithm for testing in order to calculate the 2021 global stock market index returns.
As you can see, Most of all 23 stock market indices 2021 yielded positive returns. This reflected an obvious image of market recovery after the pandemic in line with the global economic upturn. Loosening the lockdown, investments began to flow back into stock markets around the world. Investors around the world were optimistic that this crisis was solvable and about to pass.
- The 2021 stock market index returns from 23 countries were averaged +18.65%.
- There were 19 stock markets with positive returns, representing 82.61% of the stock market on Jitta platform.
- There were 4 stock markets with negative returns, representing 17.39% of the markets on Jitta platform.
- The top 3 stock market indices with the highest return were;
- Vietnam (VNI) +35.73%
- Sweden (OMXS30) +29.07%
- France (CAC40) +28.85%
- The last 3 stock market indices with the lowest returns were;
- Hong Kong (HSI) -14.08%
- Brazil (IBOV) -11.93%
- China (CSI300) -5.20%
It could be seen that a few stock markets such as China and Hong Kong are under pressure from the Chinese government’s scrutiny of business in the technology sector and the real estate crisis, resulting in the higher volatility of China and Hong Kong stock indices, and thus yielded negative returns. Investors avoided investing in Chinese and Hong Kong stocks last year.
The most flourishing stock market index of 2021 was Vietnam from its strong economic fundamentals, benefiting from supply-chain relocation of many world-class companies, growing export sector and expanding private consumption while the stock market index is soaring. Despite experiencing a new round of Covid-19 pandemic, the VNI index set many new highs throughout 2021.
2021 Returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30
At the time when stock markets around the world were recovering well. Based on economic conditions, the AI and algorithms of Jitta stock analysis also worked impressively.
Jitta platform is focusing on analyzing the financial statements of the past 10 years, scanning the growth of revenue, net profit, and free cash flow of each company and giving scores to create a list of ‘a good stock and a fair price’ via Jitta Ranking.
For Jitta Ranking Top 30, the team implemented the 4.0 version of our algorithm in 2021 stock markets to give you an idea of how the AI performs. These are Jitta Ranking Top 30 returns from 23 stock markets.
The most prominent point is that the 2021 returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are positive across all stock markets. Not only that, the yields are higher than 100% in some countries where the stock market has recovered strongly.
- Jitta Ranking Top 30 for the 2021 returns are averaged at +50.73%.
- The top 3 returns are India +228.94%, Sweden +123.33% and Italy +54.82%.
- The last 3 returns are China +12.93%, Japan +11.08% and Hong Kong +7.91%.
2021 Returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 and stock market indices
You will see a clearer picture when comparing returns between Jitta Ranking Top 30 and 2021 stock market indices.
The highlight is that the 2021 returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 outperformed most stock market indices.
- Jitta Ranking Top 30 for 2021 returns are average at +50.73%, beating the stock market indices at 32.08%.
- There are 22 countries in which Jitta Ranking Top 30 returns beat stock market indices, accounting for 95.65% of stock markets on Jitta platform.
- There is only 1 country which Jitta Ranking Top 30 return lost stock index, accounting for 4.35% of stock market on Jitta platform.
- The top 3 returns that Jitta Ranking Top 30 outperformed stock market indices were;
- India – Jitta Ranking Top 30 beated NIFTY50 by 204.82%.
- Sweden – beated OMXS30 by 94.86%.
- Thailand – beated SET50 by 42.16%.
- The only index that Jitta Ranking Top 30 Returns lost was the AEX from the Netherlands; We lost by 1.48%.
When comparing 2021 returns between Jitta Ranking Top 30 and stock market indices, you could see that stock markets ended negative in Hong Kong, Brazil, China and Malaysia but the AI and the algorithms of Jitta stock analysis were still able to find ‘a good stock at a fair price’ and made positive returns from these markets.
- Hong Kong – Jitta Ranking Top 30 won HSI at 21.99%.
- Brazil – Jitta Ranking Top 30 won IBOV at 29.11%.
- China – Jitta Ranking Top 30 won CSI300 at 18.13%.
- Malaysia – Jitta Ranking Top 30 won KLCI at 31.13%.
Reasons, why Jitta Ranking Top 30 in 4 stock markets yielded better than negative stock market indices are that most of the 30 stocks that Jitta platform analyzes and selects are undervalued while stock market indices gather big-cap stocks.
Whether stock markets are going up or down, Jitta platform can still find companies with strong financial data that show continued growth in the past and promising growth opportunities in the future. The stock analysis platform proves a result of the tried-and-true value investing (VI) principle.
However, a one-year return can not be measured as a long-term investment. It is such a very short period of time. No one can predict how stock markets are going to be in the following years.
If you look at all stocks in Jitta Ranking Top 30 in every country, you will see that there are both gains and losses. In total, the returns from AI duties on Jitta platform works efficiently.
If the investment principles are correct, no matter how many years have passed, compound returns from the long-term investments must prove that the principle comes with the right direction.
Here are average returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30, compared to the compound growth of the 5-year and 10-year stock market indices to find out how the long-term investment with Jitta Ranking Top 30 is going to yield.
The 5-year average returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 and stock market indices
For the longer-term results, Jitta team simulated a backtest. It took 5 years to prove that Jitta’s algorithm works.
You could see that the 5-year average returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 beat stock market indices 21 out of 23 countries.
- Jitta Ranking Top 30’s average return during 2017-2021 is at 19.79%, beating the stock market indices by a hefty 11.83%.
- There were 21 countries that Jitta Ranking Top 30 returns beat stock market indices, accounting for 91.30% of all stock markets that Jitta covers.
- There are only 2 countries that Jitta Ranking Top 30 returns lose to stock indices, accounting for 8.70% of stock markets on Jitta platform.
- The top 3 winning returns that Jitta Ranking Top 30 outperformed market indices were;
- Singapore; Jitta Ranking top 30 beated STI by 32.91%.
- Malaysia; beated KLCI by 17.86%.
- The United Kingdom; beated FTSE100 by 17.58%.
- The last 2 losing returns that Jitta Ranking Top 30 lose to stock market indices are;
- The United States – Jitta Ranking Top 30 lost S&P500 by 1.99%.
- Vietnam – lost to VNI by 1.12%.
- The top 3 highest returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are from;
- Singapore – with an average compound return of +34.54%.
- India – with an average compound return of +33.00%.
- Brazil – with an average compound return of +27.03%.
- The last 3 lowest returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are from;
- The United Arab Emirates – with an average compound return of +4.29%.
- Thailand – with an average compound return of +12.63%.
- South Korea – with an average compound return of +12.92%.
Below are reasons why returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 lost market indices in the US and Vietnam during 2017-2021;
- The S&P500 is gathering with big caps and mega caps. Over the past several years, the stock value of the first 500 companies has seen tremendous growth, especially driven by the “tech stock” such as Apple, Microsoft and Google, which made such a huge market cap with trillions of dollars.
- VNI of Vietnam is also gathering with big caps. Over the past several years, the Vietnam stock market has been extremely growing. In the year of 2021, VNI hit a new high of 4 times, mobilized by Vietnam’s big-cap stocks.
But the principle of Jitta platform is to analyze and identify ‘a good stock at a fair price’, so the goal of AI and algorithms is finding stocks with sound business quality, strong financial statements selling at undervalued prices.
The 5-year compound average returns represent a medium-term investment. The work of AI and algorithms on Jitta platform still beats most of the stock market indices, the VI investment goal is compound average returns to beat the stock market indices in the longer run.
The 10-year average returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 and stock market indices
Jitta aims to develop technologies to help you create a better return on the long-term investment through the simplest investment methods. The period of 10 years is crucial to prove how effective our AI and algorithms are able to analyze and screen ‘a good stock at a fair price’ for your portfolio.
The 10-year compounded average returns from backtesting show that Jitta Ranking Top 30 could outperform all the market indices of 23 countries. The interesting points of Jitta Ranking Top 30 during 2012-2021 are;
- Jitta Ranking Top 30 average returns are at 21.23%, beating stock market indices at 14.54%
- Investing in Jitta Ranking Top 30 yields better returns than doing so in any of the stock indices on the Jitta platform.
- The top 3 winning returns that Jitta Ranking Top 30 outperform market indices are;
- Malaysia – beat KLCI by 25.68%.
- Singapore – beat STI by 25.19%.
- United Kingdom – beat FTSE100 by 19.47%.
- The top 3 highest returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are;
- India – with an average compound return of +30.47%.
- Singapore – with an average compound return of +26.86%.
- Sweden – with an average compound return of +25.61%.
- The bottom 3 markets with lowest returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are;
- The United Arab Emirates – with an average compound return at +11.09%.
- Brazil – with an average compound return at +13.14%.
- Taiwan – with an average compound return at +13.61%.
For the 10-year period, Jitta Ranking Top 30 has proved to beat every market under our service, leaving only the United Arab Emirates and the United States who both come with slight returns that beat the market only 2.12% and 1.78%, respectively.
It is proven that the principle of ‘investing in a good stock selling at a fair price’ through Jitta Ranking Top 30 can generate greater compound average returns in the long run.
13-year average returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 and stock market indices
Jitta team has also done the backtesting of Jitta Ranking Top 30 average returns from 2009 to 2021 to prove our technology. It is the 13-year returns that Jitta performs backtesting. This is another evidence that our AI is able to find ‘a good stock at a fair price’.
Over the past 13 years, Jitta Ranking Top 30 has outperformed all stock market indices of 23 countries. The interesting points of Jitta Ranking Top 30 during 2009-2021 are;
- Jitta Ranking Top 30 average returns are at +22.35%, beating stock market indices at 13.05%
- Investing in Jitta Ranking Top 30 beats all stock indices on Jitta platform.
- The top 3 winning returns that Jitta Ranking Top 30 outperformed stock market indices are;
- Singapore – outperforms STI by 22.51%
- Hong Kong – outperforms HSI by 21.46%
- United Kingdom – outperforms FTSE100 by 21.46%
- The top 3 highest returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are;
- Indonesia – with an average compound return of 32.80%.
- India – with an average compound return of 30.68%.
- Singapore – with an average compound return of 27.01%.
- The top 3 lowest returns of Jitta Ranking Top 30 are;
- The United Arab Emirates – with an average compound return of 8.72%.
- Russia – with an average compound return of 12.88%.
- The Netherlands – with an average compound return of 14.45%.
If you consider compound average returns between the 5-, 10-, and 13-year periods, you will easily figure out that the longer you invest through Jitta Ranking Top 30, the higher gain you will have from your portfolio. In principle, investing in Jitta Ranking Top 30 can generate positive returns in every market.
These results will make you more confident in the efficiency of Jitta’s AI and algorithms to analyze and screen ‘a good stock at a fair price’ as well as rank them in Jitta Ranking Top 30 and invest in these rankings for a long enough time. You will get a better chance to make very good returns and a better chance to beat stock markets globally.
If you invest longer than 10 years with Jitta Ranking Top 30, a loss risk is at the nearly zero-percent chance as you can see from average returns between the 5-, 10-, and 13-year returns compared to the stock market indices that beat 90-100%.
All compared returns showed that investments always come with risks. There is no investment principle that can beat stock markets all the time. Equity markets consist of many ups and downs, both predictable and unpredictable. Not to mention the investor emotions brought to the market and make it volatile in the short term.
Over the past few years, the Covid-19 pandemic has taught investors around the world many important lessons. You will find the nature of stock markets that are volatile up and down following various situations. However, Jitta platform has developed algorithms to analyze the quality of businesses and financial statements to ensure that you will get good equities that are the most attractive for your portfolio.
When good equities come with the long-term investment, you will find out that compound average returns are rarely affected by short-term volatilities from news and situations or from the bias and emotions of investors. Finally, value and long-term prices will reflect equity fundamentals that you invest in.
As the WealthTech startup with confidence in the VI principle for 10 years. Jitta is still committed to our core mission – ‘Help investors create better returns through simple investment methods’ and always applies Warren Buffett’s concept to our principle – ‘Buy a wonderful company at a fair price’ to develop Jitta’s AI and algorithms to be better in the future